Buddy Biancalana

       





Profile

Buddy Biancalana was born in California and was drafted by the Kansas City Royals.  He played six years in the majors, finishing with the Houston Astros.  He had a  career WAR of -1.6, but also one World Series ring* of which he played a vital role.  

...scanning...no Iowa connection found...

Now, I know that people typically don't move to Iowa unless they have some sort of connection. However, Buddy is a bit of an exception here.  Buddy moved to Fairfield** years after his MLB career was over, attracted by the chance for personal growth.  With his business partner Steve Yellin they formed Perfect Mind-Perfect Motion, a company that helps athletes get "in the zone".  

* Won with John Wathan (Cedar Rapids) and Jim Sundberg (UofI)

** Discovered while I was writing the post of Matt Stutzman.  

Personal Notes

I don't know about you, but I've spent some of my pandemic time organizing.  I'm trying to at least organize all my cards into three major groups: 1. Cards I collect, 2. Cards I'm trading to obtain more of #1, and 3. Goodwill.  I've determine I just can't keep everything anymore, and the commons and semistars just have to go.  But, it makes finding a player like Buddy more difficult.  If I had held onto my 1986 Topps cards, I could find his card now, but as it stands I just have to add it to my need list.  

Luckily, I had one card in my trade section, so I'm not Buddyless!



Collection Notes

I have 5/33 (15%) cards in my collection.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 NFL Iowa Connections