Derrick Willies

       






Profile

Derrick Willies is a wide receiver* for the Cleveland Browns.  Cleveland snapped their playoff drought this year, and while many say it wasn't all because of Derrick, we'll say it was a contributing factor.  Derrick started his college career with the Iowa Hawkeyes before eventually ending up at Texas Tech.  He also played one year at Burlington High.  He was undrafted in the 2018 NFL Draft** but signed quickly with Cleveland.

* WRs from Iowa this decade: Riley McCarron (2018), Marvin McNutt (2012-14), Tevaun Smith (2016)

** Hawkeyes in the 2018 draft: James Daniels, Joshua Jackson, Josey Jewell, Akrum Wadley, Derrick Willies, Nic Shimonek, Ben Niemann

Personal Notes

I remember that I saw posted somewhere on Twitter that Willies had signed and that he was a former Hawkeye.  The transfers often elude me, so I love when I catch that info.  So I went searching for his collection to that point.  Maybe a rookie card or two.  Well, not so much.  There is this card, and it's autograph version.  Still to this date.  Maybe next year when Cleveland wins it all he'll get another card.




Collection Notes

I have 1/2 (50%).

Favorite Card: 2013 Upper Deck USA Football 

#1 Want : 2013 Upper Deck USA Football Autograph


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 NFL Iowa Connections