Joe Burrow

    










Profile

Wait, what?  Heisman Trophy winner Joe Burrow was born in Ames, Iowa and spent his first four years in Iowa.  He is the son of Jimmy Burrow who was a coach at Ames High School and an assistant coach for both Iowa State and the Iowa Barnstormers.  Joe started his college career with Ohio State and won the Heisman and the National Championship with LSU.  He was selected #1 by the Cincinnati Bengals in the 2020 NFL Draft*.

* Iowa players from the 2020 Draft (Hawkeyes: Tristin Wirfs, A.J. Epenesa, Michael Ojemudia, Geno Stone, Nate Stanley)

Historical Significance

Iowa has produced a number of Heisman trophy winners, National Championship players, and NFL players.  However, until Joe Burrow, there was no Iowa born #1 overall draft pick...

🔔 Joe Burrow 2019 Select is the first Iowa Born #1 Overall Draft Pick card. 🔔



Exciting, I know.  You may think I may be stretching my categories to mark each player I write about as being historically significant, but I made the template with the first post, and I have to stick with it as long as I can.

Collection Notes

I have 8/1093 (0.7%) Joe Burrow cards in my collection.   All SAGE Hit, so nothing exciting yet. On a side note, you always want players to succeed, but with every successful throw he makes, the more cards they make of him, the more valuable they become, and the less chance I'll ever have them.

#1 Want : All of them

How do I not have this? 2020 Score


Favorite Card: 2020 SAGE Hit #92

Rest of the needs: Just assume if it exists, it's a need.

**UPDATE**

I'm now up to 11...out of 2886.  (0.4%)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 NFL Iowa Connections