Matt Stutzman

      






Profile

Matt Stutzman was a Olympian* for the 2012 and 2016 Paralympic teams and was a Silver Medal winner in 2012.  He resides in Fairfield**, Iowa and continues a proud tradition of Iowans that have represented our country.

* Matt is not the only Olympian from Fairfield, John Jackson was a sharp shooter in the 1912 Olympics and came home with a Gold and Bronze 

** Other famous people from Fairfield: Walter Day (Twin Galaxies owner), Milo Hamilton (Sportscaster), Buddy Biancalana(MLB), and Ben Foster (actor) 

Personal Notes

While not exactly true, when I was growing up we basically had baseball/football/basketball/hockey cards to choose from.  There are generations of athletes who missed out on cards not because they weren't awesome, but because there was no one producing cards about their sports.  That's why I love these Topps Olympic cards, because they spotlight these superior athletes who might never cards otherwise.  

(Tangent) I love to share my hobby with my kids, but its super hard when my daughter loves soccer, and wants to get cards of her favorite players and I'm like, sorry they don't make soccer cards of the US Women's Team (sure, a spattering here and there, but I mean).



Collection Notes

I have 1/14 (7%)  cards in my collection.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 NFL Iowa Connections