Hakeem Butler

       



Profile

Hakeem Butler is a wide receiver (tight end?) from Iowa State who was drafted in the 4th round of the 2019 NFL Draft* by the Arizona Cardinals.  Butler was a 2nd team All-Big 12 wide receiver** after setting a school record for most receiving yards in a season with 1318 yards.  Butler is currently on the Philadelphia Eagles practice squad.  

* Other Iowa Connections in the draft: T.J. Hockenson (1st UofI), Noah Fant (1st UofI), David Montgomery (3rd ISU), Butler (4th ISU), Anthony Nelson (4th UofI), Amani Hooker (4th UofI), Ross Pierschbacher (5th Cedar Falls)

** Other WRs from ISU in the NFL: Ike Harris, Otto Stowe, Luther Blue, J.J. Moses, Allan Lazard 

Personal Notes

Oh man, here it is a couple years into his career and I thought I'd be writing about how amazing it has been so far.  He has not shown it yet.  Hakeem was injured during the preseason of his rookie year and is already on his third team.  Why was I so high on a 4th rounder?  Well, he was a darling of the dynasty fantasy football analysts and was going #1 overall in some pre-draft mocks.  When he fell to the 4th, he drifted down the board, a bit, but was still highly regarded.  I had the 5th pick in my dynasty league that year and was deciding between Kyler Murray, T.J. Hockenson and Butler.  I took Murray, thank god (still mad at myself for drafting Paxton Lynch over Michael Thomas).  




Collection Notes

I have 12/1113 (1%) cards in my collection.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 NFL Iowa Connections