Kevin Ritz




Profile

Kevin Ritz was a MLB pitcher for the Colorado Rockies and Detroit Tigers who spent 12 years in the majors.  He posted a 17-11 record with the Rockies in 1996 in the hey day of Coors Field baseballs flying everywhere.  Kevin was raised Bloomfield, and went to school both at William Penn* and Indian Hills**.  

* Jerry Kutzler was the only other MLBer from William Penn. Damon "Snacks" Harrison and Wilber Young made the NFL from here.

** 14 MLB players from here, including Eric Rasmussen, Shane Rawley, Jeff Zimmerman, Ramon Vazquez and Duane Kuiper

Personal Notes

Kevin Ritz was one of the earliest additions to my Iowa Expanded Universe collection.  Most lists of famous Iowans back in the day went exclusively on who was born in Iowa, or attended Iowa or Iowa State.  Ritz went to two smaller schools and was born outside Iowa, even though he was raised in Iowa.  That's the great thing about the internet.  I can find players based off my wants super easy (https://www.baseball-reference.com/ is the best!)  The best part of these later finds is that I have an excuse to dig through those common boxes to see what I already have.  The worst part is knowing how many common boxes I've donated to Goodwill and wondering how many cards I now want are long gone.  Just all part of the adventure.



Collection Notes

I have 30/99 (30%) cards in my collection.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 NFL Iowa Connections