Kevin Tapani



Profile

Kevin Tapani was a pitcher in the MLBs for 13 seasons.  He had his best year in 1991 with the Minnesota Twins as they won the World Series and Tapani finished 7th in Cy Young voting*.  A workhorse pitcher, he had over 150 innings 10 times, and double digit wins 8 seasons.  Kevin was born in Des Moines**, but was raised in Michigan.

* While he was 7th, he was 3rd on his own team, with Scott Erickson and Jack Morris getting more votes.  

** Other modern MLBers from Des Moines: Casey Blake, Jeremy Hellickson, Todd Belitz, Jerry Hairston, Tom Drees, Matt Macri, Joe Magrane, Mike Mahoney, Joel Hanrahan, Benj Sampson, Todd Sears, and new 2020 addition Derek Hill.

Personal Notes

Kevin Tapani wasn't in Iowa much, but I do have a special spot for him in my collection.  That is because he was part of my favorite baseball team of all time, the 1991 Minnesota Twins.  Led by my favorite player, Kirby Puckett, the team went from last place to World Series champs in one year.  



Collection Notes

I have 119/327 (32%) cards in my collection.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 NFL Iowa Connections