Keaton Steele

       




Profile

Keaton Steele is a pitcher from Iowa Western* (and Missouri) who was drafted by the Minnesota Twins in the 8th round of the 2014 MLB draft**.  Keaton is currently pitching for Sioux City 

* Iowa Western won the 2012 NJCAA title in 2012 with a freshman Keaton as the MVP.

** Keaton was also drafted in the 29th round in 2012 and 40th round in 2013. 

Personal Notes

Keaton played in the minors with Cedar Rapids and in the Independent League with Sioux City.  Both of these are Iowa towns, and this brings a question.  With the assumption that a player probably lives in the area where they are playing (minor league seasons are typically April to September, 5-6 months), that means that there are all sorts of players who lived in Iowa who played major league baseball.  And you know what?  I'm totally going to ignore it.  I could try to justify it with logic (if I travel for work to Orlando, I'm not a Florida resident, even if I stay there for a time), but really I just can't justify the amount of craziness that would ensue if I admitted every minor league Iowa player.  There have been a bunch of teams, including Iowa, Burlington, Quad Cities, Cedar Rapids, Waterloo, Clinton and Dubuque. (Sioux City and Waterloo have independent teams now).  If I were to admit just Cedar Rapids, that would include Mike Trout Joe Mauer, Trevor Hoffman and Byron Buxton.  Let's keep the collection only crazy.



Collection Notes

I have 2/18 (11%) cards in my collection.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 NFL Iowa Connections