Lance Olberding



Profile

Lance Olberding is a offensive lineman who went to school at the University of Iowa* and Kirkwood.  He played semipro football for the Randolph Oilers of the Eastern Football League.  He was drafted by the Cincinnati Bengals in the 7th round of the 1992 draft**.

* Iowa had three NFL lineman from this line: Rob Baxley, Mike Devlin and Scott Davis

** Iowa Connections in 1992 Draft: Tyji Armstrong (3rd Iowa Central CC), Ron Geater (7th UofI), T.J. Rubley (9th Davenport), Mike Saunders (10th UofI), Rob Baxley (11th UofI), Matt Rodgers (12th UofI) 

Personal Notes

So, this is a tough one.  Not much info on Mr. Olberding in my quick search.  Went to Iowa, and was drafted in the 1992 Draft.  However, he never played a snap for the Hawkeyes.  (What?)  He played in the Eastern Football League (what is that?)  He was a bouncer at the time, and Cincinnati thought he was a project and threw a 7th round pick at him.  I can't tell why he left Iowa (it was a good line, but it seems he left after his freshman season.  I can't tell you anything about that semi-pro league, and if anyone actually made it to the NFL from there.  What I can tell you is that Lance went to Iowa colleges, and he's now in my Iowa collection!



Collection Notes

I have 5/7 (71%) cards in my collection.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 NFL Iowa Connections