Brad Lohaus

       


Profile

Brad Lohaus was a forward who played for 10 years in the NBA.  Brad played for the Iowa Hawkeyes in college, somehow having three different coaches in his time there*.  His best season at Iowa had him at 11 points a game, and he peaked at 10 points a game in the pros according to his basketball reference page**.

* Lute Olsen, George Raveling, and Tom Davis

** Yeah, I only mentioned basketball reference so I could mention the most important part of his page...the nicknames.  Big Bird and Vanilla Gorilla.

Personal Notes

Wikipedia and {sport_name} Reference pages are where I usually start my quick research for each player.  Some Wikipedia pages are pretty basic and others you can tell were written by the person or a close person.  They typically stick to the basics, but when they drop in nuggets that aren't usual, I find it interesting.  Brad's had a couple.

First this line: "He then flourished during his senior season under new coach Dr. Tom Davis as a shooting big man who defended the front of the Hawkeyes' fullcourt pressing defense and dating Heidi Onken."  I mean, that little addition had to be by Heidi, right?  

Second, twice it is mentioned that Lohaus is in NBA Jam.  Awesome game, really defined a generation of basketball video games, but was it worth two mentions?  Obviously, and the fun part is if you google Lohaus and NBA Jam, you'll see his team ranked as the worst in the game, and wondering why he was selected over Moses Malone. To which I say "Vanilla Gorilla".  



Collection Notes

I have 20/42 (48%) cards in my collection.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 NFL Iowa Connections