Dan Johnson



Profile

Dan Johnson was a 1st baseman in MLB playing most famously for the Tampa Bay Rays and Oakland A's.  Dan played his way up through college as well, starting at Butler and ending up at Nebraska after a stop at Iowa Western*.  He was drafted in the 2001 MLB Draft.**

* Mentioned in his Wikipedia page as "a junior college".  

** My favorite note on the 2001 draft is that 2 UNI Panthers went back to back in the 12th round.  Like one team drafted one and the next team was like, "Oh yeah, forgot about UNI.  Totally drafting one now!"

Personal Notes

Longish career means that Dan has a few cards under his belt, just under 400.  However, I was late to the game in discovering his Iowa Connection, so I literally have 2.  And this picture is not one of them (although I do have the gold version of this one). 



Collection Notes

I have 2/380 (1%) cards in my collection.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 NFL Iowa Connections