Flat Rate Box July 2021

 So like most of you, I missed going to card shows in 2020.  Being able to dig through dime boxes and pulling random cards that someone thought of as worthless that is priceless to my collection is just awesome.  But like so much, COVID took it, and I was left scrambling.

Well, off to Target to pick up some boxes....except there are none there.  Hobby boxes have skyrocketed as collectors chase those high priced signatures.  Where could I find cards?

For my birthday, my brother sent me a flat rate box with my gift.  But it didn't fill the box, so he just filled it with a bunch of cards he didn't want anymore. I loved digging through those, as I found a bunch of stuff for my collection.

So then, I found out that you can just buy boxes like this on eBay (of course).  A wide variety of cards can be found.  Baseball, football and basketball cover most of them.  Some are just a mix of whatever, some are boxes of "I just opened a ton of Bowman, so here's all the base I don't want out of this box".  Some are "I don't know anything about cards, please just get them out of here."  I got one of those and pulled a Don Mattingly RC out of it.  

I pulled 2 Kevin Garnett Topps RCs out of a basketball one recently, so I thought I'd try this box next.  The photo on eBay showed a card from 2013 Leaf Perfect game, and I had a couple of Iowa Connections in that set.  So, hopefully I get a stack of them in here?  Here's the box as it arrived.



Well I dug though this box, and as far as this blog is concerned, it was a bit of a dud.  I found a bunch of cards for trade, a few card for my non-Iowa collections, but only this for my Iowa Collection.




A few notes...

What the heck is Larry Johnson doing here?  Well, it's got Jeff Hornacek on the card as well. (A cameo card)

A DJ Rookie is nice, but no real budget busters here

Those two Leaf Perfect Game cards really saved the day.  They are an awesome find.

A couple of my favorites are in here, with David Johnson(UNI) and Shonn Greene(Iowa).  


So, not the best this time around, but getting those 2 Leaf that I rarely see anywhere was a nice find.  And I have a couple stacks of cards for my trade collection to help the rest of my collection.  (Anyone want 2015 Donruss Preferred?  I've got a ton of the semi-stars now!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 NFL Iowa Connections