Keaton McKinney

 




Profile

Keaton McKinney was a pitcher from Ankeny who was drafted by the Mets in the 28th round of the 2014 MLB Draft*.   Keaton opted for college**, and he attended Arkansas for three years before retiring with arm issues.

* Mitch Keller was taken in the 2nd round this year

** Apparently he had a high asking price and slipped this far.  We always applaud those who bet on themselves, but sometimes it doesn't work out as you intend.  I hope he has found a nice career now.  Heck, he might even be doing better than bouncing around the minor for a while.

Personal Notes

So Leaf put out these 2013 Perfect Game cards, and I'm not totally sure who the market is for them.  Well, me obviously as I needed this McKinney, but its got to be focused on prospectors.  But it takes years before you know if these guys hit, and the payoff seems pretty bleak.  The top player may be Jack Flaherty, and his card will cost you $4.00.  Even his auto is only $50.  Regardless, as long as they are happy, I'm all too happy to add to my collection.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 NFL Iowa Connections