Where do you collect?

 I'm a child of the 80s and 90s, and when you collected cards during that time, you probably had a Beckett magazine.  (Or Tuff Stuff, but really that was the Go-Bots to Beckett's Transformers).  You'd look through the articles to see what cool cards were coming out, read the back for the card shows in your area, and flip through the prices to see what cards were going up in price, and which had the dreaded down arrow.  There would always be a month where the community had collectively given up on a prospect and his cards went spiraling downward, think Ryan Leaf.

Well, once I got back into collecting in my adult years, I naturally led my way back to Beckett, and have built up a pretty substantial Organize. All my wants and all my trade bait in one place.  I still didn't do pricing, because that was pretty expensive, so I'd use the free organize and then I'd use the print magazines for prices.  Because besides current year cards, most cards are generally pretty stable in price. 

Well, you know the drill.  Organize now is $20.  Organize is now $30. Organize is now $50.  Yada yada yada.  To top it off, I did splurge this past year and get pricing for Baseball and Football.  Not cheap, for sure.  Got a "deal", and got 18 months for the price of 12.  Great!

But the calls!  At the year point I was getting calls daily to renew my subscription. There'd also be weird things, like I couldn't search my Organize with any search terms 2 characters or less.  Or I'd add a card and it wouldn't show up for a couple days.

But...Beckett has my entire collection. It would take days, weeks, months(!?) to move it all.  I'm stuck.  But maybe not?  Is it worth the work to move it?  I kinda like TCDb, but its just an effort issue.  What does everyone think?

I created an account on TCDb, and started with one player: Tim Costo. Guess who the #1 Tim Costo collector is?  Me!  Take that sandyrusty!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 NFL Iowa Connections