A New Iowa Connection: Timm with two M's

 Try as I might to stay on top of everything, sometimes information slips through the cracks.  I'm working on my Iowa Connections football list, and finished working through coaching staffs of the various Iowa Colleges and Community Colleges.  You might think that is way too much work, and I wouldn't disagree with you.

I don't dig through every staff for every year it exists, but rather rely on Wikipedia to highlight the more important names on each staff.  Yesterday, I found one that I hadn't know before, which was exciting because it was a name I knew and better yet, a former NFL player with a bunch of cards to collect. The coach was Timm Rosenbach.


I still love the 1989 Pro Set Rookie Cards


Timm Rosenbach played college ball at Washington State, and was drafted by the Phoenix Cardinals in 1989 where he played until 1992.  A year in the CFL and a year with the Saints after that and his career was done. 

Why he is relevant to this blog is his one season with St. Ambrose, a small private school in Davenport, Iowa as a quarterback coach.  

Now, when I discover a new connection, I run through a few steps to add them to the collection.  First, I look up what cards of them that I have for trade, and hope I don't see any that I've traded away.  Luckily, two listed and I still had them.  Then, in the case of someone from the junk era, I start digging through the boxes of cards that I haven't yet taken to Goodwill.  No luck so far, but I think I might find at least one.

Welcome to the collection Timm Rosenbach!

Comments

  1. You know you're serious about something when you're looking into who played for community colleges!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2023 NFL Iowa Connections