Topps Series One: We don't talk about Kimbrel

 Listen, I'm also done talking about 2022 Topps Series One.  Everyone has posted their hits ... except me who has still yet to find a pack/box in the wild yet.  However, I keep finding Iowa Connections to this set and I can't let all 5 of my blog follower miss out on the important details.

To recap, Mitch Keller is the only solid Iowa Connection in the main checklist.  4 players from the White Sox and Yankees have short print versions with Iowa Corn as the backdrop.  Now, I have discovered an Iowa Corn cameo card:



Craig Kimbrel in action card during the Field of dreams game last year.  That is definately the Field of Dreams field there.  Scanning the rest of the Yankees and White Sox cards in the set, I do not see any others, but this will be something to track in Series Two.

Now when adding a player, its always interesting to see how many parallels there are.  In the 80s there would be two versions: Base and Tiffany.  1991 you added Desert Storm and micro for the short term.  1992 has Micro, Gold and Gold Winners, 1993 Micro, Gold, Marlins and Rockies, and gradually through the years they changed to add one or two new versions.

In 2022 Craig Kimbrel has 20 versions of this cards.

Not Going to Happen

  • Memorial Day Camo /25
  • Platinum /1
  • Printing Plate Black /1
  • Printing Plate Cyan /1
  • Printing Plate Magenta /1
  • Printing Plate Yellow /1 

Not Likely to Happen

  • Black /71
  • Father's Day Powder Blue /50
  • Independence Day /76
  • Mother's Day Hot Pink /50
  • Vintage Stock /99

Maybe?

  • Advanced Stats /300
  • Green Foilboard /499
  • Orange Foilboard /299
  • Red Foilboard /199

I can do this!

  • Base
  • Gold /2022
  • Gold Foil
  • Rainbow Foil
  • Royal Blue

As always, let me know if you find any other Field of Dreams cards in the base that I may have missed, or in the insert sets!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 NFL Iowa Connections