Stuck in my head: Trying to remember this is fun

 Its been a couple of months now, and I am still Wander-less.  I have purchased 3 blasters, 1 hanger and 1 jumbo pack and have not had the pleasure of pulling his rookie card.  Yes, I have found his Home Run Challenge card and a couple of the cards with Vlad, but no base.  

Prices on his base rookie have dropped a bit as supply has started to fill up.  We all knew that would keep value down, but I really would like to have one of his flagship rookies.  A Heritage or Bowman would be neat, but I'm a basic guy so I'd like the one with a pretty cool photo.

Now, I could just buy it.  Nothing is stopping me.  I'm pretty much done with sorting 2022 Topps at this point, there is no insert set that is really grabbing me that I need to get.  So it make sense to just buy the single card.  But.....gosh it is way more fun to pull one out of a pack.

That why I'm here.  I love this hobby, and I want to have fun with it.  I want to collect the players I want and bust packs and share the knowledge I build.  This brings me joy.  

I will probably break down and buy the card someday.  I probably would have got one at a card show by now, but my daughter's soccer schedule has interrupted Card Show Season. Or maybe I will keep buying random boxes and packs wondering why every blue card I get is a different blue. Its all fun.


Speaking of keeping it fun, I've made a PC decision recently that is totally dumb, and I love it.  I've discussed before the conundrum of how to handle minor league baseball in Iowa.  I'd love to collect every player who played for the Iowa Cubs or Cedar Rapids Kernals, but its just too much to handle at this point.  I've justified the exclusion by treating minor league players as employees of the major league team and that they are just having a temporary work excursion into the state.  I'm not going to collect every musician who's had a gig in Iowa, or author who had a book signing in Des Moines. But....

I've made an exception for the managers.  These guys have no chance of being called up mid-season, stay with the teams for full seasons, possibly for years, and would have some sort of residence that wasn't the spare bedroom of a local resident.  They are totally connected to Iowa.

What this means is I have to go through all the minor league teams, find lists of managers, add want lists, update Iowa Connected championships, etc.  Its a ton of work, and I am totally excited to start on it.  This brings joys and I will have a ton of fun working on it.  First up will be the Iowa Oaks, and I will save that for the next post.  (More content!)

Comments

  1. As long as you keep having fun, that's all that matters.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2023 NFL Iowa Connections