La'Michael Pettway

       



Profile

La'Michael Pettway was a wide receiver from Iowa State* who had transferred from Arkansas** as a graduate, thus avoiding the year off.  La'Michael had a solid year with the Cyclones, with 676 yards (after leading Arkansas with 499 the year before) and 6 TDs.  

* Pettway filled in Hakeem Butler's spot after he left early the year before

** In Iowa/Arkansas history, this completes the trade of A.J. Derby to Arkansas.

Personal Notes

So...how does SAGE build their list of players they will have in their set?  I imagine there is some sort of deadline when the checklist has to be complete, especially since they have to acquire signatures from the players.  I assume that they check mock drafts, try to nail as many 1st rounders as they can, then gather QBs and RBs that may get looks in training camps, but then how does La'Michael Pettway get a card?  Never a top prospect, but I wonder if they saw his Iowa TD or his Texas game and thought he could shoot up the board ala Hakeem Butler?  Who know, but what I do know is that he has a SAGE card and I am grateful.



Collection Notes

I have 1/19 (5%) cards in my collection.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023 NFL Iowa Connections